Posted: 30.04.21 at 09:28 by By Ashby Nub News
Voluntary Action Leicestershire is looking for volunteers who can support with the smooth flow of patients in vaccination sites across the region - including Measham Leisure Centre.
As Covid-19 vaccinations continue to roll out across the county, VAL wants people to act as greeters, stewards and chaperones for patients who are arriving to receive their vaccinations.
It is particularly looking for people who can volunteer at the following sites:
• Measham Leisure Centre
• The Peepul Centre, Leicester
• The Kube, Oadby
• Leicester Royal Infirmary
• Leicester General Hospital
• Glenfield Hospital
• Drop-in site at Beamont Leys
VAL is also looking for anyone who can be flexible to support ad-hoc sites across Leicester and short-term drop in sites, particularly around Ramadan.
What's involved in the role?
The key aim of the is role is to support a smooth and safe process for vaccinations.
Volunteers will be given specific tasks when they are on site, but this will include:
• Greeting people as they arrive at the site and directing them to each stage of the process in a safe manner
• Being a friendly face to reassure people as they make their way around the site
• Reminding people about national guidelines such as social distancing and mask protection
• Addressing any issues or concerns that arise and escalate to a member of staff if needed
• Staying in contact with the other areas’ representatives to help avoid congestion
• Supporting a smooth process that allows speed, safety and security for everyone involved
• Identifying any people that may require additional support during their visit to the site (carer/chaperone, additional language support) and directing them to where they can get support
• Offering enhanced support to those requiring it (e.g. those who cannot queue standing)
PPE will be provided to all volunteers
Skills and Experience
• Stewarding experience is preferable, training will be provided
• Ability to communicate in a calm and professional manner
• Ability to collaborate and work well with others
For more details, please click HERE.