Posted: 04.07.21 at 22:20 by Ashby Nub News
Tamworth Road in Ashby was virtually impassable under the railway bridge yesterday (Sunday) as heavy rain brought flooding to the area.
Our video above shows the extent of the water - with one car becoming stranded underneath the bridge.
Most motorists decided against driving through the flood - with the road resembling a small river at times.
The Met Office had issued a weather warning about storms in the area, but the rain fell in such a short space of time that the drainage system was unable to cope.
The yellow weather warning lasted until midnight (Sunday) and said:
• There is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly, with damage to some buildings from floodwater, lightning strikes, hail or strong winds
• Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services
• Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
• There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
• There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost
Note-Ability, the chamber choir conducted by Caroline Essex, is delighted to be holding their first live performance since lockdown at St Helen’s on...