Posted: 10.06.21 at 22:50 by Ashby Nub News
The County Council is taking more steps to prevent the spread of coronavirus after a ‘concerning’ rise in cases across Leicestershire over the past few days.
There are now more than 50 new sites where rapid home test kits are available, including libraries, leisure centres and community bases.
This is where you can pick up yours in the Ashby and Measham areas:
• Hood Park Leisure Centre, Pick up site - for at home test kits, North Street, LE65 1HU, opening hours, 07:00am - 09:00pm. No booking required
• Ashby Library, Pick up site - for at home test kits, North Street, LE65 1HU, see website for opening hours. No booking required
• Clinicohealth Ltd - 17 The Green, Pick up site - for at home test kits, 17 The Green, LE65 1JU. Opening hours: 07:00am - 11:00pm. No booking required
• Boots UK Limited - 32 Market Street - Ashby, Pick up site - for at home test kits, 32 Market Street, LE65 1AL, Opening hours: 08:30am - 05:30pm. No booking required
• Dean & Smedley Ltd - Ascebi House, Pick up site - for at home test kits, Ascebi House, LE65 2LP. Weekday opening hours: 07:45am - 06:00pm. No booking required
• Tesco Stores Limited - Resolution Road, Pick up site - for at home test kits. Resolution Road, LE65 1TE. Opening hours: 06:30am - 10:30pm. No booking required
• Dean & Smedley Ltd - 73 Burton Road. Pick up site - for at home test kits, 73 Burton Road, DE11 7JE. Weekday opening hours: 09:00am - 06:30pm. No booking required
• Dean & Smedley Ltd - 91 High Street, Measham. Pick up site - for at home test kits, 91 High Street, DE12 7HZ. Weekday opening hours: 09:00am - 06:00pm. No booking required
North West Leicestershire has been returning the lowest seven-day infection rates in Leicestershire this week.
But Mike Sandys, the county council’s director of public health, said: “We want to ensure there is an additional layer of support in place to encourage people to get tested.
“We’re offering rapid home test kits and making them readily available in numerous places across the county.
"We know this type of testing can help identify people who are infected, but who don’t have symptoms.
“We need to do all we can to help prevent the spread of the virus as we see that concerning pattern of cases going up.
“It’s vital that people stay vigilant. To protect yourself and others, keep two metres apart, wear a mask to help to reduce the spread of the virus and regularly wash your hands.”
People with symptoms are also being reminded to get tested. They must book an appointment by calling 119 or clicking HERE
Drop-in clinics are also running in Loughborough next week to make it more convenient for people to get vaccinated.
From Thursday, 17th June to Sunday, 20th June, there will be further opportunities to be vaccinated at Fearon Hall Community Centre, Rectory Road, Loughborough, LE11 1PL.
The clinics will be open from 12pm to 9pm each day. Opening times may be subject to change. Patients are advised to check the website for the latest information HERE.