Baggage Handler - East Midlands
Transport & Logistics
Join Jet2 as a Baggage Handler and help us send our all-important customers on holiday! What Can We Offer You? We offer our valued Baggage Handler colleagues a range of benefits including: -
- £12.14 per hour equating to £18,944.25 for a 30 hour contract per annum, pro rata, plus an extra £3.04 per hour allowance for unsociable hours.
- Free Car Parking for all our colleagues at the airport
- Uniform and PPE is provided to you free of charge
- 34 days holiday entitlement per annum (pro rata for part time hours)
- Rest areas for colleagues to relax during your breaks
- Colleague recognition through our 'Great Deal Friendlier' Awards scheme
- Recommend a Friend scheme (£250 for successful referrals)
- A dedicated, paid training course to give you the skills to perform the role
- Local colleague events and incentives
- Annual pay review.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 3 x Salary Life Assurance.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders.
- Employee Assistance Programme including professional counselling.
- Colleague discounts on Jet2holidays and Jet2 holidays and flights.
- Many retail discounts on - travel and leisure, health, and wellbeing, eating out, shopping and lifestyle.
What will you do as a Baggage Handler?
- Ensure the accurate and timely loading and allocation of baggage from the Bag Hall to the correct aircraft.
- Drive our airside vehicles, transporting baggage items to our aircraft, in line with Service Level Agreements.
- Work with our Ramp Agent teams to load the aircraft, adhering to safety instructions and weight & balance parameters.
- Unload inbound baggage items, ensuring correct distribution onto the Baggage Carousels
In order to work safely in an Airside environment and operate our vehicles, candidates must hold a full UK Manual Driving Licence and pass a Medical, administered by the airport. We offer a 30 or 20 hour per week fixed term contract until November 2024. This is a rostered role that requires shift working, so flexibility is required. Shifts can start as early as 3am and can include late finishes to support our operation. You will receive you roster 4 weeks in advance. No previous experience is necessary - if you love working as part of a team, apply today, and we will invite you to meet our Red Team at an Assessment Day!